Jun 4, 2006

headed to italia!






I will be in Orvieto, Italy, taking Fuller classes with Dr. Dyrness and Peace through the Fuller Brehm Center's Worship, Theology and the Arts Summer Program. The above photos are shots of Orvieto, We will be spending two weeks there taking classes at a local convent, travelling around to various sights of artistic and theological import (inc. St. Francis' Cathedral in Assisi) and attending various Catholic ceremonies (e.g. Corpus Christi celebration, Mystery Plays, etc.) I'll be taking two two-week classes, one on Medieval Catholic Spirituality, and one of the theology of Medieval Art. Before and after the two weeks, some friends and I will be travelling around a bit (Paris, Venice, and Rome specifically). All very exciting stuff.

So, I am writing this entry (officially my 50th blog!) as a temporary "ciao," until I return home in (very) late June. I leave on Wednesday, June 7th (my birthday!...kinda bummed that I won't be able to celebrate with friends and all, but who am I to complain? I'm going to freakin' Europe!), flying into Paris to meet up with my travelling companions, who are done with classes already... I however still have two finals to go.

Which reminds me... I should be studying/grading papers right now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Italy - lucky!

Have a great time.

Amy said...

Way not fair that you actually get to go to Italy AND receive class credit...It’s a bit sketchy if you ask me :)
Have FUN!

PS - You should bring back a bottle of good wine...Can you do that? I am not even sure.

Anonymous said...

Did you take those pics? If so, wow.

If not, cool anyway!
Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Little Lights said...

Hey, when are you going to tell people about Italy?

You've been back for a week and a half.