Sep 29, 2005

irony!

Haven't posted in a long while. It's been a busy couple of weeks... the new quarter just started and I am now immersed in learning exegetical methods and Hebrew, and in another class which regards how Jesus sees and ministers to the poor. Exciting stuff.

Here's a NY times link to check out in the wake of hurricane madness and the political aftermath:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/business/27econ-new.html?th=&adxnnl=1&emc=th&adxnnlx=1128016932-/0pmW3VmJLr9y9iZ7Nwyww

Ironic how Bush is now "forced" to tap into oil reserves and loosen (presumably environmental) regulations on oil production because of the strain caused by hurricanes, which was caused by global warming, which was contributed to by... increased oil consumption and production. Though I'll give the man credit for at least calling for conservation of gas. It's a step forward from past positions.

And, I'm out.

1 comment:

sam andress said...

Josh -

It is ironic isn't it. I agree man, things are crazy in the wake of this hurricane stuff. I think the hurricance stuff might be caused by global warming. Although I have been hearing in multiple sources that scientists are not as sure about the affects of "global warming." No doubt we in the West suck at being caretakers of the garden. I think it makes God sad and maybe a little angry too. Especially becuase the 2/3 world is the most heavily affected from environmental fallout. But hey, we'll keep on pumpin our gas right? I mean dude, I need airconditioning when I travel:).

Shabbat Shalom Friend.

Sam